Tuesday 12 April 2011

Equipment ...

Ok, so the first thing a person needs to do when starting something new, is to get the stuff you need to do it. If you were going to try knitting, you'd get knitting needles and yarn. For bookbinding, you need a whole lot of stuff, allot of which I can't afford.Like the presses and stuff, but I figured it was ok right now since it probably wouldn't be learning hard cover any time soon anyway, I still have to learn simple binding first.
So yesterday, I went down to Midvally MegaMall and got some of the basic stuff you need to do binding.
Some of the stuff my Mum had already, so I didn't get those.
What I did get was a block of wax 'cos they didn't have linen or waxed cotton, but we had cotton at home, a wooden folder and some PVA glue.
My Mum supplied the guillotine, the cotton, and the needle(you can't really see the needle in that picture, but it's there by the cotton.).
It would have been nice if I could have found an awl, and the proper paste for books as well, but I couldn't. I didn't find book boards either but I probably wont be needing them as soon as I will the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment